IMMEDIATE NEED! We are adding to our large format finishing team (hand finishing of printed projects), requiring the need to stand and/or sit for extended periods, to perform repetitive work with excellent hand coordination and dexterity and to be able to lift weight of up to 20 lbs. An example of hand work includes mounting canvas prints on wooden frames, installing hanging hardware. Various other custom order finishing is a part of this unique position.
Successful applicants will be committed to producing a quality product in a deadline-driven environment, working in a team setting with little direct supervision and exercising high attention to detail. Experience is not necessary. Steel toe footwear is required.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Bending, squatting and kneeling occasionally during working hours
- Working at or below shoulder level
- Seeing fine details to check for quality in work
- Understanding the need to adhere to health and safety practices
- Proficiency in reading and writing English
- Punctual and dependable
- Strong customer focus
- Willingness to be flexible to accept assigned duties and work overtime, as necessary
Computer literacy is considered an asset and will open the door for opportunity to cross-train in other departments.
This position is considered casual (not immediately permanent) with a four-day work week staggered throughout Monday-Friday. Structure will be 4 days x 10 hrs/day.
We encourage you to forward a cover letter along with your resume for consideration to Joanne Williams, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be notified.