Estimator Employment Opportunity
Rocket is a full-service printing and communications company with locations in Fredericton, NB and Halifax, NS. The position of Estimator is deadline-driven and requires attention to detail. This position requires previous related experience in this industry. The successful candidate is required to have an overall understanding of how the production cycle works along with the products that are used for the various types of jobs produced by the company. This fulltime position is located in Fredericton, NB. For the right applicant, it may be possible to work remotely and not in our physical location.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce estimates based on quote information that is submitted by the sales and customer service representatives of the company
- Think creatively and recommend alternatives as needed to increase efficiency
- Prioritize rush quotes
- Follow company guidelines for quote filing and storage
- Follow and uphold company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to learn our industry-specific software to prepare estimates, track projects through the production cycle, etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Have knowledge of products used in the printing industry
- Be constantly researching and staying up to date on new materials available
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the commercial printing industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Computer skills – training provided on our specialized management software
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to prioritize
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Rocket boasts a 4-day work week, Monday-Thursday!
This is a salaried position and although a typical work week is 40 hours, operational needs may dictate that you occasionally work more than 40 hours. Subject to statutory requirements, the salary compensates for all hours worked.
Salary is competitive and will match experience and qualifications. Excellent health benefits plan is offered.
If you are a self-motivated team player, we encourage you to forward a cover letter along with your resume for consideration to Joanne Williams, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be notified.