The position of Bindery Operator is responsible for operating large cutters, folders, saddle-stitcher, perfect binder, Graphic Wizard (numbering, perfing and scoring machine), and some hand-bindery to fulfill the requirements that meet the customer’s needs and expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
We have 2 fulltime positions available – one in Fredericton, NB and one in Halifax, NS.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot mechanical bindery equipment
- Ensure that each job is set up correctly as per the job ticket and that all required materials are available, including job ticket
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment to ensure and maintain quality, accuracy, and productivity
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on the equipment, to keep it performing at optimal levels
- Assist, train and share your knowledge with less experienced personnel
- Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Mechanical bindery experience and familiarity with related equipment are considered strong assets
- If no industry experience, strong mechanical aptitude is a requirement
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Computer skills – training provided on our specialized management software
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team
- Teachable attitude
Rocket boasts a 4-day work week, Monday-Thursday!
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, industry leading company with potential to advance
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
- Competitive compensation package that fairly matches experience and qualifications
- Excellent health benefits plan for you and your family
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Joanne Williams, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be notified.